You probably don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or unless it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and P.D.Q. Cicero Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn everything you need to understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s time to hire refrigerator repair Cicero.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own kitchen appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator is able to store your food at the best temperature, in order to prevent spoilage and limit bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the outside, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call P.D.Q. Cicero Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor stops working.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and helps to emit the warmth collected inside the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is stored on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs heat trapped within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Once the evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, turning it into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle when it is required.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Cicero for service right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and the next cool down starts. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the warm gas towards the condenser coils on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and transforms back to a liquid state.
3. The cool liquid continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the many coils within the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is used in a lot of applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one location and then transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a safe environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule service with P.D.Q. Cicero Appliance Repair.
P.D.Q. Cicero Appliance Repair can fix almost all popular brands of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed technicians in Cicero undergo training to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, touch panels, smart controls and other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  PDQ Cicero Appliance Repair | 5405 25th St #10 Cicero, IL 60804 | Sitemap